EMOTIONAL CAPITAL : HOW EQ DRIVES LEADERSHIP
What is Emotional Capital?
Emotional Capital is the energy, enthusiasm and commitment in the hearts of everyone connected with your business. It is a vital ingredient for success in business today.
- Effective leadership in the workplace is the by-product of emotions (such as self-confidence, optimism, self-reliance, and enthusiasm)
- Emotions are valuable because they create strong relationships between organisations and their customers and employees.
- Emotions and their associated behaviours can be developed and used intelligently. Unlike IQ, it's not just what you're born with!
- Building Emotional Capital as a HR strategy adds real value to the balance sheet
- Technical paper: Get the free download for an overview of the research behind the Emotional Capital model and the Emotional Capital Report (ECR).
- Emotional Capitalists: The New Leaders: Purchase a copy of Dr Martyn Newman's best-selling book for a practical and easy to read introduction to emotional capital and how you can build it.
- Technical manual: Buy a copy of our comprehensive technical manual, with over 140 pages including the theoretical foundations of emotional capital, a detailed description of the Emotional Capital Report (ECR) and how it was created, the psychometric properties of the ECR, and a guide to scoring and interpretation.
- Certification courses: Find out more about our 3 day certification courses (and 2-day intensive courses). Learn how to apply the ECR, coach others, and build emotional capital in your organisation.
ECR Technical Paper (710 KB)
Emotional Intelligence and Leadership (2358 KB)
Leadership Experts Get it Wrong (2358 KB)